We would like to draw your attention to one of the largest scientific feasts in Nuremberg region – Long Night of Sciences (Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften)! Benefiting from its science-rich environment, the Long Night of Sciences held by FAU remains the largest of its kind in Germany. Many well-known research institutions and companies are participating, e.g., HI-ERN, Max-Planck, Fraunhofer IISB, Energy Campus Nürnberg, ZAE Bayern and Siemens, Datev, Schaeffler, HEITEC … you name it. This event covers a wide range of topics, including engineering, natural sciences, medicine, art, and linguistics.
Our department CBI and other closely related institutions also prepare several talks, live-experiments, and exhibitions for you to explore! Don’t miss the chance to check them out!
- EXPERIMENT: Why does Whiskey oil our throats so well? link
- EXPERIMENT & TALK: Where do the colors come from? link
- EXPERIMENT: How to make droplets float and how to analyze them? link
- EXPERIMENT: Hydrogen – how to produce hydrogen and how to release its energy? link
- EXHIBITION: Hydrogen – Where does it come from and where does it go? link
- EXPERIMENT: The little world of rheology: non-Newtonian materials. link
- EXPERIMENT: Microscopy of cells under mechanical stress. link
- EXPERIMENT: Optical high-speed measurement technology. link
- and MORE!
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to play with science and have fun with your fellows. Moreover, it offers a great chance for you to get to know more about the department CBI, FAU and its cooperations and the exiting research being done and which degree programmes we offer.
Participate in this event at 18:00-24:00 on 21st May (Saturday)!
Get yourself a ticket for 10 Euro (incl. VGN-ticket and shuttle bus) at Der Beck! Visit their website to plan your scientific night in advance and feel free to subscribe to their Facebook/Twitter/Instagram for the latest information:
We look forward to meeting at the Long Night of Sciences!