Study Plan B.Sc. CEP
The B.Sc. CEP programme provides students with a comprehensive understanding in clean energy processes. The study plan includes:
- Basic science (e.g. mathematics, physics)
- Basic engineering (e.g. Foundations of chemical reaction engineering, materials and structures, measurement systems)
- Basic economics
- Subject-specific basics (e.g. renewable energies, electrochemistry, fundamentals of energy resources)
- Active project
- 2 elective modules
- Bachelor’s thesis
For all Bachelor modules, see study plan [link].
For detailed information please see the programme regulation in German, the English version will follow.
Apply for Bachelor CEP
- Application for the CEP B.Sc. programme is possible for the winter semester only
- The application is possible from mid-April onwards via the campo portal.
- Deadline for applications is 31.07.2021. We advise applicants from abroad to apply well before this date.
All applicants to the B.Sc. CEP have to pass an aptitude test (Eignungsfeststellungsverfahren) successfully in order to enrol in this programme. This is to ensure that proficiency in English and Mathematics is at a level which will allow them to study successfully. Please take note of the following points:
- The aptitude test has two steps. If you pass the first step you are admitted to the second step.
The overall points score in the first step of the aptitude test is based on your grade in the German Abitur or some acknowledged equivalent to this from other countries and your grades in English and Mathematics. This step is done automatically as the admission commission checks the relevant documents for application.
- The overall points score of the second step of the aptitude test is based on your grade in the German Abitur or some acknowledged equivalent to this from other countries and your grade from an interview that will be conducted by the admission commission.
- No application for the aptitude test or selection interview is neccessary. Step one of the aptitude test is done automatically once applicants have submitted their complete application.
The regulations for the aptitude test (Satzung des Eignungsfeststellungsverfahrens) can be found [here, link will follow, waiting for official copy].
- School leaving certificate (complete certificate)
- Chronological CV in English in a tabular form (i.e. not as a free text).
- Motivation letter in which the qualification for the degree programme is set out. Please let us know why you chose the degree programme (max. 2 pages).
- Optional documents:
- Proof of internships, vocational training, work experience
- Other forms of proof (e.g. proof of voluntary work).
The application for the CEP program must be submitted online, via the campo portal using the following steps:
- Register an account in the FAU-IdM System.
- Sign in at the campo portal.
- Submit your online application for CEP.
- Send your documents via regular mail to the address specified on the application form along with all required documents.
- Wait for notification from FAU.
Please see the video below for instructions on how to apply online in campo.
Your application documents can be in either German or in English. The curriculum vitae and the motivation letter must be in English.
- Date: The date of the selection interview will be announced at least one week in advance.
- Content: Standard in the fields of mathematics, physics and chemistry and ability to outline the contents of the degree programme and motivation to participate in the programme.
- Language: The interview is conducted in English.
When applying you will need to provide officially certified copies of relevant certificates, diplomas and other documentation issued overseas. Officially certified translations can be in the follwoing languages: German, English or French.
Please see the website on the certification of documents and translation for more information.
You have further questions? You can contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org