Study Plan M.Sc. CEP
The research oriented Master’s degree programme CEP is designed to prepare the graduates for working as an engineer on the highest scientific level. The Master’s degree programme offers two branches of study: energy technologies and energy systems.
The study plan includes:
- laboratory courses
- specialisation modules for the two branches energy technologies and energy systems
- compulsory and elective modules (you can choose from module catalogues)
- Master’s thesis
For a presentation of the Master’s degree please see the programme’s introductory video.
Apply for Master CEP
- Application for the CEP M.Sc. programme is possible for the winter term and summer term
- The application is possible through the online portal campo.
- Deadline for applications is the 15th of July for the winter term or the 15th of January for the summer term.
- International students are advised to apply well before this date.
- The exact opening date of the application portal for summer term 2022 will be announced in fall on this website.
Please do not send your documents via post until you are requested to do so by the Admissions Committee.
The academic prerequisite for admission to the programme is an above average undergraduate degree: B.Sc. in a similar study programme (Chemical/Biological Engineering, Energy Technology etc).
Additionally you need to prove your proficiency of the English language on the level B2 in order to enrol via one of the following:
- your school leaving certificate
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with at least 85 points in iBT
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 5.0 or higher
- for alternative certificates please see: https://sz.fau.eu/examinations/accreditation/
- certificate from your university that your Bachelor degree was taught in English.
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Application letter in English. Please set out your motivation and qualification for the degree programme (max. 2 pages).
- Proof of language proficiency in English (please see section “academic prerequisites”)
- School-leaving certificates
- First degree certificate (Bachelor’s degree)
- Full overview of subjects and grades (Transcript of Records)
- Optional documents:
- Proof of internships, vocational training, work experience
- Other forms of proof (e.g. proof of voluntary work)
The application for the CEP program must be submitted online, via the campo portal using the following steps:
- Register an account in the FAU-IdM System.
- Sign in at the campo portal.
- Submit your online application for CEP.
- Wait for notification from FAU.
Please see the video below for instructions on how to apply online in campo.
- The full application documents will be evaluated by members of the CEP admissions committee. The results of the evaluation will be submitted to the CEP admissions committee.
- The admissions committee decides on your admission to the Master’s programme.
- Only after successful preselection, you will have to send your certified documents as hard copies.
- The Master‘s Office will then check your documents with regard to the formal requirements.
- Only if your application meets the formal requirements you will officially be admitted into the programme.
A programme with preselection means that the process of sifting the applications is done by the admission committee of the respective degree prior to admission.
The selection process is based on among others academic prerequisites, professional and extricuricular experience as well as a selection interview.
Your application will be evaluated by the admission committee. Only after successful preselection, you will have to send your certified documents as hard copies to the Master’s admission office where the documents are checked with regard to the formal requirements. If your application meets the formal requirements you will officially be admitted into the program.
Your application documents can be in either German or in English. The curriculum vitae and the motivation letter must be in English.
Upon the arrival of your documents for admission or enrollment via post FAU does not send out standardized confirmations of receipt of the documents.
It can usually take 2-3 weeks after arrival of the documents until they are processed since several thousand applications are received by the relevant FAU offices each semester. You will be informed by FAU as soon as your documents have been processed. Please kindly wait until you are notified.
You have further questions? You can contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org